ABOUT THE COURSE
This course provides an overview of the Oracle Database 18c new features and enhancements related to Multitenant architecture, security, RMAN, general database areas, performance, data warehousing and Sharding.
- Use new features like Application PDB Fleet and PDB snapshots carousel of the Multitenant architecture.
- Understand new features like PDB keystores and encryption of sensitive data in Database Replay files of the Security.
- Benefit from new features like reuse of preplugin backups and duplication of active PDBs into an existing CDB of RMAN.
- Use new features like private temporary tables and online modification of partitioning and subpartitioning strategy of General Database.
- Configure and use new features like Automatic In-Memory Management in Performance.
- Manipulate new features like inline external tables and polymorphic table functions of the Data Warehousing.
- Understand enhancements like user-defined sharding method and support for PDBs as shards in Sharding.
Leveraging Multitenant Enhancements
- Use refreshable copy PDB switchover
- Benefit from dynamic container map
- Manage PDB snapshots carousel
- Manage application PDBs fleet
- Understand lockdown profile inheritance and create and use static and dynamic lockdown profiles
- Configure encryption of sensitive data in Database Replay files
- Export and import database links
- Create and use a schema only account
- Explain direct Active Directory Services integration
- Isolate PDB keystores
Using RMAN Enhancements
- Reuse preplugin backups before and after a non-CDB conversion as a PDB or a PDB migration to another CDB
- Clone active PDB into another CDB using DUPLICATE and duplicate an on-premises CDB to Cloud as encrypted
Applying General Database Enhancements
- Merging of partitions and subpartitions online
- Generate batched DDL by using DBMS_METADATA_DIFF package
- Manage private temporary tables
- Online modification of partitioning and subpartitioning strategy
- Use the new Data Pump Import option of the DATA_OPTIONS parameter
- Describe the new SQL Tuning Set package
- Use IMEs window capture
- Describe the concurrency of SQL execution of SQL Performance Analyzer tasks and Result Set Validation
- Configure Automatic In-Memory
Handling Enhancements in Big Data and Data Warehousing
- Use analytic view new query capabilities
- Query inlined external tables and manage in-memory external tables
- Create and use polymorphic table functions
Describing Sharding Enhancements
- Understand support for PDBs as shards
- Describe Oracle GoldenGate enhancements for Oracle Sharding support
- Describe improved multi-shard query enhancements
- Query system objects across shards
- Describe the user-defined sharding method
Full-time: 13 January | Duration: 5 Days
Part-time: 18 January | Duration: 5 Saturdays