Securing Networks with Cisco Firepower Threat Defense NGFW (FTD)
This 5 days cisco course will demonstrate students how to use & configure Cisco Firepower Threat Defense technology, beginning with initial device setup and configuration and including routing, high availability, Cisco ASA to Firepower Threat Defense migration, traffic control & Network Address Translation (NAT). This course will also explore how to implement advanced Next-Generation Firewall (NGFW) & Next-Generation Intrusion Prevention System (NGIPS) components, including network intelligence, file type detection, network-based malware detection, and deep packet inspection.
After completion of this course, students will be able to figure out how to configure site-to-site VPN, remote-access VPN, and SSL decryption before proceeding onward detailed analysis, system administration & troubleshooting.
What Will I Learn?
- Describe key concepts of NGIPS & NGFW technology and the Cisco Firepower Threat Defense system, & identify deployment scenarios.
- Perform initial Firepower Threat Defense device configuration & setup tasks.
- Describe how to manage traffic & implement Quality of Service (QoS) using Cisco Firepower Threat Defense.
- Describe how to implement NAT by using Cisco Firepower Threat Defense.
- Perform an initial network discovery, using Cisco Firepower to identify hosts, applications & services.
- Describe the behavior, usage & implementation procedure for access control policies.
- Describe the concepts & procedures for implementing security Intelligence features.
- Describe Cisco AMP for Networks and the procedures for implementing file control & Advanced Malware Protection.
- Implement & manage intrusion policies.
- Describe the components & configuration of site-to-site VPN.
- Describe & configure a remote-access SSL VPN that uses Cisco AnyConnect®
- Describe SSL decryption capabilities & usage.