Master of Science in Cyber Security
Master of Science in Cyber Security (MSCS) program prepares professionals to assume cybersecurity and information assurance leadership roles in corporations, agencies, and organizations. A curriculum rich in computer security management, IT security threat assessment, incident response, organizational management and behavior, and leadership challenges students to become creators of knowledge and inventors of processes.
The master’s in cybersecurity degree has been divided into a set of core courses that provide the necessary skills in cybersecurity, organizational behavior, and structure, research, and writing. The program then offers various specializations to allow students to select specific fields of study that they are passionate about, each having well-defined job prospects, derived from the NICE framework, affiliated with them.
The Master of Science in Cyber Security Program is offered 100% online, allowing students to complete coursework in a timeframe that fits their schedule. This also requires that the student has the appropriate technology and connectivity to sustain constant participation in-class activities.
What Will I Learn?
- The application of technical strategies, tools, and techniques to secure data and information for a client or customer.
- Adherence to a high standard of ethical behavior.
- The use of research in both established venues and innovative applications to expand the body of knowledge in cybersecurity.
- The application of critical thinking to creatively and systematically solve the problems and meet the challenges of the ever-changing environments of cybersecurity.
- The mastery of the skills necessary to move into leadership roles in companies, agencies, divisions, and departments.