ISO/IEC 27002 Training Courses and Certification
ISO/IEC 27002 is an international standard used as a reference for selecting and implementing information security controls listed in Annex A of ISO/IEC 27001. It also provides guidance on the best practices of information security management that help organizations select, implement, and manage controls, policies, processes, procedures, and organizational structures’ roles and responsibilities.
ISO/IEC 27002 was originally published in 2005 as a revised version of ISO/IEC 17799, which outlined general guidance for information security. The standard was revised and renamed so that it becomes in alignment with ISO/IEC 27001 with the intention of having two complementary documents that can be used together.
ISO/IEC 27002 provides a list of security objectives and controls generally practiced in the information security industry. In particular, clauses 5 to 18 provide detailed implementation guidance to support the controls specified in Annex A of ISO/IEC 27001 (controls A.5 to A.18). It applies to all types of organizations (public and private sector, commercial and non-profit, etc.) that face information security risks.
Why Is ISO/IEC 27002 Important for You?
An ISO/IEC 27002 training course can help individuals be familiar with the guidelines needed to initiate, implement, maintain, and improve information security management in an organization. As a code of practice, ISO/IEC 27002 is essential in addressing information security controls and best practices based on risk assessment, which are the most important part of an information security management system (ISMS). Thus, ISO/IEC 27002 can also help select the controls needed for implementing an ISMS based on ISO/IEC 27001. A certified ISO/IEC 27002 individual can be crucial in an ISMS implementation team.
Organizations may need various controls to comply with the information security requirements. ISO/IEC 27002 helps in that regard by providing common and generic controls to ensure that the proper level of information security is achieved and that legal and contractual obligations are met. The PECB ISO/IEC 27002 training courses are focused on acquiring the necessary knowledge for selecting, implementing, and managing such controls.
Individuals who get a PECB certification against ISO/IEC 27002 are able to demonstrate the comprehensive knowledge and ability to assess information security risks based on a formal risk assessment approach and select appropriate risk treatment options by applying relevant controls. Moreover, they will be equipped with the skills needed to help organizations preserve the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of information, protect against threats and vulnerabilities, and prevent or reduce the information security risks on intellectual property and all other forms of information, be them electronic or physical.
What Will I Learn?
- Have the knowledge to implement information security controls based on the guidance of ISO/IEC 27002
- Understand the relationship between different groups of related information security controls, such as asset management, access control, operations security, human resources security, physical and environmental security, etc.
- Possess the skills to support an organization in selecting, implementing, and managing information security controls while complying with ISO/IEC 27001
- Understand the process of performing periodic risk assessments and selecting the appropriate risk treatment options to help an organization improve its information security posture
- Have the knowledge needed to be part of an information security implementation team