ISO 27001 (ISMS) Lead Auditor
ISO 27001 is an Information Security Management System. It is a suite of processes necessary to manage the information security within an organization. Organizations implementing ISMS must establish appropriate security policies, identify risks and carry risk assessments, implement ISMS performance evaluation and constantly plan for further improvement.
ISO 27001 (ISMS) Lead Auditor Training and certification course will provide a detailed understanding of audit methodology including interview techniques, auditing risk assessments, ensuring appropriate corrective action and practicing new skills.
ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Auditor Certification
Upon passing the ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Auditor exam or equivalent, a candidate earns the credential of ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Auditor.
The prerequisites of this exam include:
- A total of five years of professional experience out of which two years must be spent working in Information Security Management.
- A total of 300 hours of audit activities.
Why should you attend the ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Auditor training?
The ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Auditor training provides you the skills necessary to execute an Information Security Management System (ISMS) audit with the help of globally recognized audit principles, methods and techniques. This training enables you to plan and perform internal and external audits in compliance with ISO 19011 and ISO/IEC 17021-1 certification process. Also, practical exercises during the training help you master audit techniques and manage an audit program, audit team, communication with customers and conflict resolution.
Learning objectives of ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Auditor Course
The learning objectives of ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Auditor course include:
- Learning the operations of an ISMS (Information Security Management System) based on ISO/IEC 27001
- Understanding the correlation between ISO/IEC 27001, ISO/IEC 27002 and other standards and regulatory frameworks
- Understanding an auditor’s role that includes planning, leading and monitoring a management system audit as per ISO 19011
- Gaining expertise in leading an audit and audit team
- Understanding the requirements of ISO/IEC 27001 in the context of an ISMS audit
- Getting acquainted with the responsibilities of an auditor which include planning and leading an audit, drafting reports and monitoring an audit in compliance with ISO 19011
What Will I Learn?
- Understand auditing principles associated with ISO 27001
- Assess security threats, weaknesses and vulnerabilities
- Plan, execute and report an Information Security Management System audit
- Implement all components of ISMS together
- Gain expertise in conducting an ISO 27001 audit
- Implementing an ISMS with ISO 27001 compliance.
- Understanding the concepts, methods, techniques and standards for managing ISMS effectively.
- Understanding the relationship between all components of ISMS including risk control, risk management, and business process compliance in the organization.
- Efficiently manage and maintain an ISMS with respect to the international standard of ISO 27001.
- Developing the skill and knowledge required to follow best practices in managing organization-level information security.
- Improving the dexterity to take decisions and analyze problems with respect to information security management.