IP6FD – IPv6 Fundamentals, Design and Deployment v3.0
IP6FD Cisco course validates your skills to understand, configure and support Cisco devices running IOS software and IPv6 routing protocols. IP6FD v3.0 provides baseline through advanced technical information and training on the next-generation Internet protocol, IPv6. This IP6FD training encompasses design considerations, security considerations, configuration principles, configuring IOS devices for IPv6, and IPv6 transition mechanisms.
What Will I Learn?
- Understand the structure of IPv6 address format, its interaction with data link layer, and support with Cisco IOS Software
- Learn to make updates to IPv4 routing protocols required for IPv6 support
- Implement IPv6 multicast concept and features
- Execute IPv6 transition using the most suitable mechanisms for your network
- Manage security for IPv6 enabled networks
- Understand the standards for IPv6 address allocation, and the concept of multi-homing
- Execute deployment strategies for configuring IPv6
- Understand IPv6 deployment for service provider, enterprise, branch, and access networks