CompTIA PenTest+ is an intermediate skill certification which makes a perfect option for cybersecurity professionals involved with penetration testing that includes identifying, exploiting, reporting, and managing vulnerabilities on a network. Vega’s PenTest+ certification stands apart since completing the certification demands the hands-on ability and skills to test devices in new environments in traditional desktops and servers as well as mobile and cloud.
What Will I Learn?
- Describe the significance of planning for an engagement
- Explain key legal concepts.
- Describe the significance of scoping an engagement properly.
- Know about the key aspects of compliance-based assessments.
- Conduct information gathering by means appropriate techniques
- Perform a vulnerability scan.
- Analyzing vulnerability scan results
- Describe the process of leveraging information for preparing for exploitation.
- Explain weaknesses related that are related to specialized systems
- Compare & contrast social engineering attacks
- Exploit network-based vulnerabilities
- Exploit application-based vulnerabilities
- Exploit wireless and RF-based vulnerabilities
- Exploit local host vulnerabilities
- Summarize physical security attacks which are related to facilities
- Perform post-exploitation techniques
- Compare & differentiate various use cases of tools
- Analyzing of tool output or data that are related to a penetration test
- Utilize Nmap for conducting information gathering exercises
- Analyzing a basic script (limited to Python, Bash, Ruby, and PowerShell) Reporting and Communication
- Utilize report writing and handling best practices
- Suggest mitigation strategies for discovered vulnerabilities
- Explain post-report delivery activities
- Illustrate the prominence of communication in the penetration testing process