Certified Data Protection Officer (CDPO)
The Certified Data Protection Officer training course delivers the participants with the knowledge required for effective protection of personal data accomplished through implementing and managing a compliance framework. By enrolling in this course, the participants will master all those necessary concepts of General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and appear for the exam and earn “PECB Certified Data Protection Officer” credential. With this a PECB Certified Data Protection Officer Certificate, learners can able to demonstrate their comprehensive understanding on the gap between the General Data Protection Regulation and the current organizational processes that includes privacy policies, working instructions, procedures, consent forms, data protection impact assessments, which are all necessary in the adoption process to the new regulation in organizations.
- Know about the history of personal data protection in Europe.
- Acquire comprehensive understanding of the concepts and approaches for effective alignment with the General Data Protection Regulation.
- Gain knowledge on the new requirements that the General Data Protection Regulation applicable for EU organizations and non-EU organizations and needed knowledge to implement them.
- Expertise for assessing the implementation of new requirements to support an organization.
- Manage a team in implementing the GDPR.
- Knowledge and skills to advise organizations in managing personal data.
- Expertise for analysis and decision making in terms of personal data protection.
Why should you learn Certified Data Protection Officer Training?
The Certified Data Protection Officer Training enables the participants to develop the necessary skills and knowledge for implementing and managing a compliance framework required to protect personal data. As the learners will be able to master the concepts of GDPR, they can appear for the exam and apply for a ‘PECB Certified Data Protection Officer’ credential. This certificate delivers the knowledge on understanding the gap between the General Data Protection Regulation and existing organizational processes, thus associates in implementing the adoption process of the new regulation.
Certified Data Protection Officer Examination
The CDPO examination from Vega Institute lets the learners equipped with the necessities of a CDPO examination and certification program. The exam is intended to encompass the following areas:
- Data Protection Concepts & Rights of the Data Subject
- Data controllers, processors and the DPO
- Planning GDPR compliance project
- Data Protection Impact Assessment and Privacy Impact Assessment
- Data Protection Measures and Approaches
- Performance evaluation, monitoring and measurement of the GDPR compliance project
Certified Data Protection Officer Certification
After successfully completing the exam, the candidates are eligible to apply for the below credentials.
|Credential||Exam||Professional Experience||DPMS Project Experience||Other Requirements|
|PECB Certified Provisional Data Protection Officer||PECB Certified Data Protection Officer Exam||None||None||Signing the PECB Code of Ethics|
|PECB Certified Data Protection Officer||PECB Certified Data Protection Officer Exam or equivalent||Five years: Two years of work experience in Data Protection||Data Protection activities: a total of 300 hours||Signing the PECB Code of Ethics|
If the candidates comply with the corresponding necessities of the selected credential, they will receive a certification. For a valid certification, it is vital to adhere to the best implementation practices that include:
- Drafting a Data Protection plan
- Data Protection implementation initiation
- Implementation of a Data Protection Policy
- Monitoring & managing Data Protection implementation
- Performing continual improvement measures
What Will I Learn?
- Protect the reputation of organization
- Minimize security incidents
- Build customer trust
- Capabilities to retain existing customers and attract new customers
- Facilitate data access
- Stronger enforcement of rules
- Allow accurate storage of customer data
- Allows adequate access control