VEGA offers unmatched expertise in Virtualization powered by VMware Certifications. VMware Training with us will help you gain crucial skills in managing Data Center and virtual environments.
The leading virtualization technology provider, VMware courses provide the right platform for professionals to take the leap into a rewarding IT career ahead. VMware training Courses at Koenig bring you hands-on experience on various VMware skills and understandings and equip the students with the thorough understanding of various virtualization concepts, features and functionalities.
Types of VMware Certifications
VMware is the industry pioneer and leading provider of virtualization. VMware certifications will validate the skills and knowledge required to effectively install, deploy, manage and support VMware’s products and solutions.
VMware certifications are basically divided into six categories:
- Cloud management and automation
- Data Center Virtualization
- Desktop and mobility
- Network virtualization
- Digital Business Transformation
- Digital Workspace
VMware Certification Path
Each category offers four certification levels:
- VMware Certified Associate (VCA) – VCA is an entry level certification designed for IT professionals taking decisions about VMware solutions.
- VMWare Certified Professional (VCP) – VCP caters to IT professionals involved in installing, configuring, managing and optimising VMware solutions.
- VMware Certified Advanced Professional (VCAP) – VCAP is an advanced level certification intended for professionals who design, build, manage and optimise VMware solutions.
- VMWare Certified Design Expert (VCDX) – VCDX is the highest level of certification designed for IT professionals involved in managing VMware solutions and systems.
What is the best way to get a VMware certified and How to become VMware certified professional?
The following screenshots can help you to better understand to become a VMware certified professional. Below is the certification path if you hold no VCP certification.
- First choose your certification track (for example Data center virtualization, Network virtualization etc.), attend one of the required training which is mandatory otherwise you will not be able to achieve VMware certification
- Second, clear foundation exam (i.e. online exam)
- Third, clear VCP exam
For example, if I want to become VMware certified professional in Data center virtualization track then steps are as follows: –
Step 1. Gain experience with vSphere 6.7
Step 2. Attend one of the required training courses
- VMware vSphere: Fast Track [V6.7]
- VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V6.7]
- VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V6.7] – On Demand
- VMware vSphere: Optimize and Scale [V6.7]
- VMware vSphere: Optimize and Scale [V6.7] – On Demand
- VMware vSphere: Optimize and Scale Plus Troubleshooting Fast Track [v6.7]
- VMware vSphere: Skills for Public Sector Administrators [V6.7]
- VMware vSphere: Troubleshooting Workshop [V6.7]
Step 3. Pass one of the foundation exams
- vSphere 6 Foundations
- vSphere 6.5 Foundations
- VMware vSphere 6.7 Foundations Exam 2019
Step 4. Pass one of the professional Data Center Virtualization Exams
- VMware Certified Professional 6.5 – Data Center Virtualization exam
- Professional vSphere 6.7 Exam 2019